A versatile high-performing marketing manager with a passion for retail. Over 10 years’ of experience impacting positive organisational outcomes through digital marketing, data analytics, and tactical strategic planning. A thoughtful project leader who takes price to expand and deliver business objectives and milestones. Confident in the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve complex, high-stakes problems. Committed to continuous improvement and contributing to team success. And an avid cross stitcher.
“His eye for detail, whilst still seeing the bigger picture is a skill truly not many have.”Michael Elkington, Head Of Marketing, Nestlé Pet UK&I
(Over 50s Clothing Brand)
January ’20 – Current
- Solely responsible for planning, creating, and managing a range of content across multiple channels to deliver lead generation goals.
- Responsible for managing annual channel budget, revenue and forecasting.
- Developed and managed all digital and social platforms to drive business objectives, including budget to achieve global company priorities.
- Optimised return on marketing investment across the marketing portfolio, utilising attribution/interaction approaches, customer segment behaviours, etc for ROI budgeting.
- Collaborate with agencies and outsourced teams to identify cross-product opportunities on the site, in marketing campaigns and within the product applications.
- Responsible for driving 55.7% subscriber growth, and 28.2% revenue growth year on year in email channel.
(Cancer Treatment System Manufacturer)
March ’17 – Dec ‘19
- Manager of the international marketing team, for UK, US, EU and Russia.
- Creation and implementation of digital marketing & social media plans for parent business, and two subsidiary companies.
- Writing and curating of content, social media & newsletters in line with the inbound marketing plan and PR promotion for thought leadership status.
- Analytics for all marketing and sales actives to ensure high ROI and to create appropriate marketing strategies.
- Owner of digital marketing budgets and doing cost analysis.
- Created new website to foster lead generation seeing an increase of 76%.
- Organization of 26 conferences and events in the year, creating a prospected £1.2million in leads.
(Financial Software Developer)
Sept ’15 – March ‘17
- Responsible for all digital marketing, campaigns, website, social, SEO, email marketing.
- Creation of marketing strategy plans, budget and business plans.
- Promoting company through 12 roadshows and 3 annual events.
- Collateral and content creator. Including use of Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Competitive analysis; including capturing market data, obtaining key account contacts and analysis of fiscal opportunities.
- Identified new market opportunities and leads through implemented marketing automation using client personas and inbound journeys.
- Maintained and provided ROI analysis (using Google Analytics & Salesforce CRM), ensuring budget management.
- Promotion through event planning for 12 roadshows and 3 annual events.
- Successfully rebranded company; including new website creation, for digital marketing optimization and inbound lead generation.
- In 2016; increased website visits 100%, increased keyword ranking to top 3 on 1000+ keywords though SEO and SEM.
- Set up and ran highly successful webinar series on financial advice training.
(Data Analysis Company)
Nov ’13 – Sept ‘15
- Coordinator for two major international FTSE 100 clients and a series of smaller clients, maintaining marketing relationships through report-based insights.
- Created reports and market analysis to client’s specifications reducing highly complex datasets to succinct marketing plans.
- Supports other department and team members with at risk projects, deliverables, queries, restatements and escalated issues.
- Recognised as the ‘go to’ website analytics expert with technical knowledge to become a first point of escalation within the department.
- Manages a team within the global operations centre.
- Maintains and updates documentation for clients and internal needs.
- Created and implemented £1.7billion worth of UK growth for clients.
- Identified gaps in EU and Pan-Asian markets for further growth.
- Created marketing and business plans for 6 FTSE 100 companies.
“Logical and adaptable is the phrase that comes to mind when I think about Rhys.”Chris Nesbit, International Strategy Manager, IRi Marketing Analysis
Outside Interests & Roles
(Financial planning companies, Magazines & craft websites)
December ’11 – Current
- Responsible for all marketing activities; such as social media, website, event planning, email marketing and marketing lead generation.
- Develops yearly marketing strategy in line with client objectives.
- Content creation of all online and offline content and marketing material.
- Brand management and corporate identity, to promote measured results in lead generation.
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Working with agencies and preparing PR releases.
- Entire brand creation; including competition research, marketing place analysis and company business planning.
- SEO and keyword optimisation specialist.
- Increased website traffic by 223%, to 30,000 unique monthly visits.
- Created viral video campaign resulting in 32,000 visits a day to website.
- Implemented monthly mail outs with uptake of 75,000 emails a month, 40% open rate, 22% engagement.
- Built 7 websites in WordPress and HTML/CSS directly.
The Quarto Group
Feb ’09 – Current
- Pitched and published 8 international non-fiction books and 1 fiction book.
- Craft content specialist supplying sole authorship books.
- Quarterly columnist for an international niche magazine, monthly blog and content supplier for a further 3 books.
“Rhys was indispensable. I could always count on him to bring the very best analytics – and his uniquely linear problem solving skills – to the table.”Joanna Hemson, Head of Data Services, In-Sync Group
Rhys has strong attention to detail, is deadline focused and is great at stakeholder management through his clear management of expectations and his ability to simply explain complex technical matters.Riccardo Parrinello, Global Digital Marketing Manager, Damartex Group